Robert Guerra is based in Toronto, Canada and is one of the founding directors of Privaterra - an ongoing project of the SAGE Charitable foundation that works with NGOs to assist them with issues of data privacy, secure communications and information security. He is often invited to speak at events to share the challenges being faced by social justice NGOs in regards to surveillance, censorship and privacy.
He is a long time board member of Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (CPSR), acting also as their board secretary. He was actively involved in the the UN World Summit - being an active member of civil society bureau , the internet governance caucus as well as being the NGO adviser to the official Canadian Government delegation.
He advises several non-profits and/or their related projects , including Taking IT Global, DiploFoundation's Internet Governance and Policy Capacity Building Programme, The Open Net Initiative and The Internet Corporations for Assigned Names and Numbers's At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) and its Security and Stability Advisory Committee - to name a few.
- rguerra AT privaterra DOT org
- Mobile/SMS: +1 202-905-2081
- Fax: +1 202-293-2840
- Sage Charitable Foundation
- DiploFoundation - Internet Governance Capacity Building Programme (IGCBP)
- The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
- Computer Professionals (CPSR) for Social Responsibility (CPSR)
- Computers, Freedom & Privacy Conference - Program Committee
- Symposium of ICTs for Social Action (E-STAS)